420 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Team_Upbuild
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I want to create a 3 step automation, but having trouble with step 3 (update record)

1. When a record matches conditions. I want this to only run 1x per month on the 30th day of month (I know how to do this)

2. Find records in a table that match certain conditions (I know how to do this)

3. Update all records that match the certain condition in step 2. Specifically, I want to update a column to have checkbox checked for all the records the meet the condition in step 2.

Can someone please assist

2 Replies 2

Unfortunately, this is not possible with Airtable’s native automations. You would need to write your own custom JavaScript, or use a no-code automation tool like Integromat.

Also, be sure to email support@airtable.com to let them know how much you would like to do this natively in Airtable.

To elaborate more on the JavaScript side of things, you could use a script action, but those are only available in bases that are part of Pro-plan workspaces or higher. If your base isn’t in that category, then something like Zapier or Integromat could pull it off, though they each have their own costs (even the free account on each service has a “cost” of sorts in terms of the limitations of the account.)

If you use a script action, steps 2 and 3 would be combined in the script, which would search the records to find which ones match certain conditions, and then update them appropriately.