806 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi. I'm creating a base that would be populated by the form. There'll be some fields that will be handled inside the base by paid users. I've created an automation that would send an email to a departement once the status changes. People would get a link to that record so they can change the status but when I tested it, an airtable account that isn't in our workspace doesn't have the ability to access that record. Is there a workaround that would allow people who are not in workspace to interact with  the base through the link generated in the automated email? All we want them to do is to change the status.

I'm attaching a few screenshots. What we want is to have the user see the record as in the screenshot named airtable4.

Thank you!

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Sure, there are many different ways of doing that.

1. The #1 easiest & best way of doing that is to simply use Fillout's advanced forms for Airtable, which lets you update existing Airtable records from a form. Every record in your base will get a special Fillout link, so just email your users the special Fillout link, and they can update whatever fields you want them to update. 

#2. Another great way of doing this is to use Make's custom webhooks & custom webhook responses. Again, every record in your base will get a special Make link, so you can just email your users the special Make link, and the status will automatically change to whatever you want it to change to. I demonstrate this technique on this Airtable podcast episode.

There are other ways of doing this as well, such as pre-filling an Airtable form that feeds into another table and then running an automation to update the original record, but the two options above are better options because they are the simplest & the easiest to implement, and they can easily grow with your needs over time.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Yeap, Airtable has a guide on how to allow uesrs without an Airtable account to update records via a form that you can find here: https://support.airtable.com/docs/use-case-update-records-via-a-form

Thank you. I will look into these solutions.

Thank you. I'm not able to follow this guide within my own table. I got stuck on step 7 and I'm not sure my step 6 is set up properly.

Ah roger that.  Lemme know if you want to have a look at that together