cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amundsen_shack
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,
I have a base called "Tasks" where each record has an Assignee.

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 18.28.06.png

I created a new base called "Timesheet" to enter the time spent on each Task with a form or interface.

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 18.27.05.png

When a new Timesheet record is associated with a Task record, I would like the Timesheet table to add automatically the Assignee for the Task related to that Time entry.

I'm trying to get this done by having an Automation that looks for Timesheet records which have an Associated Task not empty, then finding the corresponding Task in the Task base, and finally adding the same Assignee to that Timesheet record.

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 18.29.01.png

However, the Automation does not allow me to search using the "Associated Task" field because it says "No valid nested options".

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 18.29.16.png

Is there a way to get around this? Or a better way to connect my tasks and assignees to a timesheet?

Many thanks!!! 🙂

1 Reply 1

Sigh yeah.  My workaround for this is to just add a lookup field to grab the data I need and use that instead 

Within your context, that would involve add a lookup field to grab the assignee name, and then the automation would paste the value from said lookup field into the "Assignee" linked field