cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gillian_Mortime
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,

I have read a couple of posts on this question and tried the suggestions but I can’t seem to get it to work.

I have a view that I am sharing via a view only link with various collaborators. In order to allow them to update certain fields of the records, I have an Edit Record button in the grid that opens a form where they can update the information, then an automation to update the form.

One of the fields they can update is an attachment field. I want them to be able to add new documents without deleting the existing ones, as for certain records there are multiple documents that will be added over time. I would rather not create a separate field for each attachment and instead just add the new ones in with the existing ones.

Is there a way to do this without using a script or an external program. I am on a free plan, and we have no budget for anything more.

@Kamille_Parks I saw that you offered some solutions in the past. Below is a sceenshot of how the automation works at present. Do you have any idea if what I want to do is possible?

Automation Form

Many thanks
Gill

3 Replies 3

You need to insert the urls of the previously uploaded documents. To get those, you’d need a Find Records step that looks in the original table where Record ID = Original Record ID (from form). Then add a comma between the new doc and the old urls.

Your update record step’s Document field would look like [Document (from form submission)], [List of field values > Document (from find records step)]

Thank you for replying. I spent a long time looking at your screenshot today and going through various iterations and it was very helpful.

I think this issue is that I don’t know what I am looking for in the Find Records step. I can set up the step to Find Records in the original table, but then I have to choose either Condition or View. For Condition I can’t figure out which records based on which criteria I am trying to return.

For the Update Record step I think everything is clear.

Gillian_Mortime

I think that I am almost there. I have created the steps and I can fill the form and it will add multiple attachments to the record in the same field. However, I have two problems:

• It adds random attachments that are neither on the form or the original documents that were in the field.
  • Sometimes I have a run error and it tells me that the value is not permitted in the documents field.

I have it set up as below:

@Kamille_Parks Am I missing something obvious?

Many thanks,
Gill