1130 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A-B
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m currently working on a fairly large base and I was wondering if there is any way I can link it to Tableau, reason being I would like to visualise the data while I’m cleaning/enhancing it.

I know I can download a csv - but I’m wondering if there is any way I can link directly or automate this so when I add a new record or alter data I can see the impact in Tableau.

2 Replies 2

Absolutely, you can do this with Make's Tableau integrations & Make's Airtable integrations.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well. For example, to instantly trigger your Make scenarios from Airtable, check out this thread.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Rich_Easyapps

@A-B Alternative would be to use a Airtable specific Tableau Web Data Connector and avoid using a third party tool.

Airtable Labs created their own, which is free but limited in some ways.

We also have our own (paid) tool that supports many-to-many relationships between tables (including the Multiple Users and Multiple Linked Records fields). So no matter how the tables in your base are structured, you can export the data into Tableau.

We've created our own Airtable Tableau Connector to solve this problem - thought it might be useful based on the chat here. It allows you to export any Airtable data securely into Tableau in a few simple steps

The nice part of using a Connector is that all the data flows directly from Airtable to Tableau without ever touching third party servers. 

Link to the landing page is here if it's of interest.