cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drew_Nemer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hello,

It is my company's first attempt at using Twilio. We already have our account and phone number.

Was wondering how do I set it up so we can test if the message was successfully sent to this number.  Such as updating a Single Select field in AirTable corresponding to the record that would say "SUCCESS" or "FAIL".

Is that possible?  What would I need to do to set it up?  I know there is a statuscallback URL within the AirTable Twilio automation action, do I do it through that?  

How about collecting received responses?

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Twilio is arguably the most difficult API that I have ever worked with, right up there with Hubspot. I've setup over 7 Twilio text messaging systems for Airtable in my Airtable consulting business, and all of them have been a complete pain and not worth the effort to setup, maintain, and constantly troubleshoot. I couldn't even begin to tell you how to do what you want to do, because there are so many dozens of convoluted steps involved. I would highly recommend to run as fast as you can away from Twilio.

My best recommendation would be to use SimpleTexting.com instead, which lives up to its name as the easiest & simplest text messaging app that I've ever used for sending & receiving text messages with Airtable.

And, of course, Make will provide all the native functionality you need for integrating & automating SimpleText text messaging with Airtable.

There is even a native trigger for when a text message is successfully delivered, which is EXACTLY what you are looking for.

It's really the easiest, quickest, and most hassle-free way to go.

I even gave an entire demonstration on how to set up sending & receiving text messages with Airtable on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld