456 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandrine_Coosem
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm working with a Kanban view where we drag action items into Today/Tomorrow (single select) options. 

I'm currently assigning dates manually, but I'd like to automate this - so that when someone drags an item into the "today" pile, it automatically gets today's date. 

I don't think it should be a formula (because that would automatically change dates on items that have been done in the past), but I can't find a way to automatically assign a date dynamically (today's date) with an automation. 

(but there must be a way, right?)

2 Replies 2
Sandrine_Coosem

For clarity - we assign dates to every action item so we can 

1. Check who did what when (in a different view) 
2. Some items are recurring, so assigning a date to them (and marking them as done) triggers the creation of a new record. 

Use a last modified time for the single-select in combination with the single-select value. If the single-select value is “today”, use the last modified time of the single select. If the single-select value is “tomorrow” add a day to the last modified time. 

You might need some more adjusting based on what you do tomorrow and how you mark things done. You also might need to truncate the time. But this is a starting point.