1896 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carrie_Moy
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is it possible to create an automation that will create a record at the end of the day if a student is not marked absent they will be counted as present.

I have a form for teachers to fill out when a student is absent. However, I want to create something that will also count when a student is present, not just the change to present. For example, if there is a class of 4 students and everyone is in attendance then I would get a record at the end of the day where 4 different records were created saying that all students were present.

Is there a script that is possible for this? Currently, my automation is grouping all four “present” students into a single record and I want a different record for each.

12 Replies 12

Yes, the records in the view are the ones that are present as of today.
Help with this formula would be great. I’m not sure how to write a formula to have it trigger at a specific time and date.
Help with this automation would be helpful whenever you have a chance.

Hi @Carrie_Moy ,

Sorry for the late reply.

IF(OR(AND(DATETIME_FORMAT(NOW(),'H')>=13,DATETIME_FORMAT(NOW(),'H')<=24),AND(DATETIME_FORMAT(NOW(),'H')>=0,DATETIME_FORMAT(NOW(),'H')<=1)),"Trigger")

This formula only works on GMT timezone (we can change it to whatever timezone you need). So this basically triggers at 1 PM GMT up to 1 AM GMT. You can change the numbers as needed.

You can then put an extra filter in the view you made that has the present students to include this new formula field and set it as Not Empty.

The automation will then work on this new view as a trigger to create whatever records you need in the attendance table.

Carrie_Moy

@Mohamed_Swellam and @ScottWorld Thank you so much. Both of your solutions worked! I appreciate the help!