cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kate_Taylor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello!
I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out a fix for this.
I want to send out a new discount code to employees on a specific date each month

(see attachments)
I’ve added a field with ‘November code send date’ and ‘December code send date’ etc.
I’ve also tried adding a TODAY() column and then setting the automation to ‘when today is exact date’ however it shows an error saying no data matches the said date.

I just need to trigger to recognise the date I want the email to go out (with the conditions that the employee {status} is ‘active’ and {manual/order code} tag is ‘order code’.

Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 16.22.07
Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 16.16.28
Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 16.17.26

1 Reply 1

Your trigger option that compares the date field against today is a better way to go. However, that’s still not going to give you a successful test until you’re actually on that date. In other words, if the trigger is based partly on comparing today against the {November Code Send Date} field, and the date in that field is November 14th, the trigger will only successfully test on November 14th, even if the other conditions match correctly.

For testing purposes, change the date in that field to today’s actual date. Run your tests and configure the rest of the automation, then change the date back to the original date before activating the automation.