Help

Re: Automated email adding characters to the end of a url, rendering the link broken

Solved
Jump to Solution
641 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InfoWrangler
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi folks : )

I'm trying to put a link in an automated email, and it keeps generating a sequence of characters at the end of the url that makes the link useless. 

Here's how I have it set up in the body of the email:

Screenshot 2023-02-23 112125.png

Here's what the end of the url is supposed to look like:

230526796288065/sign_document_d4deb6cd5dd95877_79e90063180a7cbf.pdf

And here's what it looks like when the automation is done with it:

Screenshot 2023-02-23 112517.png

This happens whether I set up the field as a URL or single line text, and the link opens fine from the data view; these extra characters only show up in the link generated by the automation email.

Since the characters look like html encoding, I looked them up and found this, if it helps:

• %EF : ï
  • %BB : »
  • %BF : ¿

How do I set it up so this doesn't happen? Or is it a bug that can be fixed?

Thank you for your attention,

Shawn

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
InfoWrangler
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks Adam @TheTimeSavingCo. I actually figured out that it was happening because the field I was trying to use was synced from another table. 

This might be a bug that can be addressed, perhaps - but I solved the problem by re-creating the automation email in the original table for that field, and now the link is generated as it should be, without those characters.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Hm I tried to replicate this but wasn't able to I'm afraid.  Here're some screenshots:

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 4.20.10 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 4.19.54 PM.png

And the hover link output: 

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 4.21.14 PM.png

Link to base with the automation

You might want to open a support ticket?  Sorry I couldn't help more and I hope the data point proves useful

InfoWrangler
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks Adam @TheTimeSavingCo. I actually figured out that it was happening because the field I was trying to use was synced from another table. 

This might be a bug that can be addressed, perhaps - but I solved the problem by re-creating the automation email in the original table for that field, and now the link is generated as it should be, without those characters.