99 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raffy
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Community. I'm new to Airtable automations so apologies for what may be an overly complex workflow - any suggestions to improve it are welcome. 

Goal: send an automated email when someone "invites a friend" on a website. Email will say "Hi {friend's name}, your friend {user's name} {user's email} recommended you join this site", etc. 

How I've set it up so far: 

• Airtable table with fields Friend's name, Friends email, User's name, User's email 
  • Concatenate formula to combine the above fields into a message something like "Hi {friend's name}, your friend {user's name} {user's email} recommended you join this site"
  • Automation to send an email using the text from the Concatenate formula 

Problem: there doesn't seem to be a way to format the text so when the email sends, it's just a long string of unformatted text. 

Does anyone know a better way to set this up? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rather than concatenate in a formula, pull in your fields into the email body field in your automation.  You can do formatting there.  

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rather than concatenate in a formula, pull in your fields into the email body field in your automation.  You can do formatting there.  

raffy

Ahh duh. Thanks so much, so simple I completely missed you could add fields into the email body field 😂