cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathan_Renner-1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello!

I’m trying to see if there is a way to send a grid view of a record automatically when a form is submitted. I can send all the relevant data using automations and send email, but the format of that email isn’t working for us. We’d much prefer the grid view that gets emailed when you right click on a record in grid view and select “send record.” But I can figure out how to automate that!

Please help!

Cheers,
Nathan

5 Replies 5
Tim_Sullivan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

How about sending the URL of the record? This post explains how to create the field with the URL.

Thanks! That doesn’t quite solve the problem for a few reasons:

1. I’m sending/emailing the data to a number of people without airtable accounts and link requires you to sign in.

2. The data is somewhat proprietary … not super confidential, but confidential enough that we don’t want everyone who is going to receive a record to be able to see all the other records that don’t apply to them. One of the form fields asks for emails of everyone that should receive the data of that specific form record.

3. Ultimately there’s one person who actually needs to print out each form submitted. It would be way fewer steps for them to print directly from the email they receive as opposed to having to follow a link into airtable, then send themselves the record, or find the record in Page Designer.

Unfortunately, you don’t have many options that are built into Airtable if you’re looking for this to be automated instead of manually triggered by you.

Unfortunately, there’s no way to automate that very cool “Send Records” function (either with or without the grid option). :frowning:

And Page Designer has no ability to be automated either. :frowning:

So you would need to recreate this table as an HTML table, and then automate the sending of the HTML-based email.

You can actually paste HTML code into the body of the SendGrid app and manually send your email from there, but the SendGrid app can’t be automated either, so that would be the same exact equivalent of manually right-clicking on a record and choosing “Send Records”. :frowning:

So there’s really no advantage for you to use the SendGrid app.

My guess is that you could create an HTML table with a JavaScript script and then send the email from your JavaScript script. Scripts CAN be automated, so that would probably be the way to go if you wanted to stay entirely within Airtable.

But if you don’t want to dive into JavaScript coding, I think the easiest thing would be to create an HTML template with a tool like SendGrid, and then automate the process of sending each new record’s data into that HTML template and having the email automatically sent out from there.

All of this can be easily automated with an external automation tool like Integromat.

It will take some time for you to set everything up, but once you get everything setup and working, it will just happen silently & automatically & seamlessly in the background, without any manual intervention on your part at all.

(If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable developer & expert Integromat consultant to help you create all of this for you, please feel free to send me a private message or contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com. Note that I am a professional Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code.)

Scott_Morad
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I use Zapier for automated emails with form submission… I have two specific views that each trigger separate auto emails to a pre-set distribution list.

BTW: As of this month, Airtable’s automations now allow you to find records (up to 100 records) and then email the list of those found records to people. However, it doesn’t show the list in a grid view — it stacks the records vertically on top of one another. So it’s not ideal, but it’s a step in the right direction.