cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeKennedy
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I currently have several dashboards for client fleets using Interfaces. On these I use the Field Summary to calculate the percentages of a fleet based on whether they are 'active' and within a servicing window. 

What I would like to do is automate a function to grab that Field Summary data and at the end of the day input it into a new table to historically graph this data for analysing trends. This is already graphed and I simply enter the data manually. I know how to automate the trigger but after extensive reseach I think the only way to grab and record this would be a script.

Thank you,

2 Replies 2

There are ways to do it without scripting, but it would require adding extra tables & fields to your base — primarily linked record fields and rollup or count fields.

Scripting is probably the quickest & easiest way to do it. You can also automate this with Make’s numeric aggregator tools, but that requires using an external tool.

MikeKennedy

I actually discovered I can use the Find Records automation to grab a list of every Vehicle in a view and then a comparison list of every Active Vehicle in a second view and work out the percentage that way. However, the automation only grabs the first 100 records from the 2 views. Back to the drawing board with scripting perhaps.