Help

Automation: Add a tag in a multiple select column in a different table to the trigger table (checkbo

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
295 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MegKrashCourse
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Yall!! 

So I am tying to add in an automation that uses a check box being marked as "true" as a trigger in TABLE 1 to add one of my multiple select options in TABLE 2. 

An example of how I would need it to work: 

• Table 1: Check box is marked as "Checked/True"
  • Automation kicks in
  • Table 2: one of the multiple selectable items in the column I need to select is added

Trigger: Checkbox is checked in Table 1

Action: Tag is added in Table 2

Is it possible to add in automations that work across multiple tables? 

Any idea how I could build this automation? My main issue is coming into selecting the correct record ID? 

Any help would be seriously appreciated! 

Thank you!  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks!  It looks like your two records are linked together, so I would try:
1. Create a lookup field in Table 2 to display the "Close Out" field value
2. Create an automation that will trigger when the lookup field in Table 2 of the "Close Out" field is ticked
3. In the automation, give it an "Update Record" action to update the "Status" field with the option that you want

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hm how do you know which record in Table 2 to update?  Could you provide screenshots of both tables and the relevant fields?

MegKrashCourse

Surething 🙂 the following images have been added below: 

1. Table 1: I have circled the checkbox that needs to be selected in order to trigger the automation in blue

2. Table 2: I have circled the column that needs to be updated in orange

3. Table 2: I have highlighted the options that will be available to add as an action to this automation. So when the automation runs successfully, "KCIT Grad" (as an example" needs to be added to the cell as one of the multiple select items 🙂

Hope this helps! 

Thanks!  It looks like your two records are linked together, so I would try:
1. Create a lookup field in Table 2 to display the "Close Out" field value
2. Create an automation that will trigger when the lookup field in Table 2 of the "Close Out" field is ticked
3. In the automation, give it an "Update Record" action to update the "Status" field with the option that you want

SO CLEVER! Thank you!