2982 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
folklore
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey! Wondering if anyone has any insight into this!

I'm creating an automation between Make.com, Chat GPT and Airtable to automate part of my content creation process. I'm stumped in this automation and would love a hand! 

The make.com senario uses a webhook to grab an airtable record, sends the record data to Open AI for Chat GPT to make a completion then sends the completion back to the original airtable record.

And it's all working, which is exciting!

EXCEPT the chat GBT completion doesn't end up back in the airtable record. I'm not getting any error messages to troubleshoot though. Not from make, airtable or chat gpt so I'm not sure what or how to troubleshoot this.

All I can see is that the scenario completes successfully but there's no output in airtable.

Inside the Make.com RAW log there also shows a Chat GPT output but the output doesn't relay to the irtable record. 

Again, I'm not getting an error message anywhere throughout the process. It all looks like it's completing as it should - The output just isn't landing in the record!

Any sense of what might be going on?

4 Replies 4
julien_level

Hello @folklore 

can ou post a screen cap when you map the result in the airtable module ? 

I guess the problem is coming from the mapping

Hi @folklore!

In addition to @julien_level's request for your screenshots so we can see where your scenario is misconfigured, you may also benefit from watching my appearance on this episode of the BuiltOnAir Podcast.

On that podcast episode, I show off how to use Make's ChatGPT modules with Airtable. The answer to your question might be within that video as well!

folklore

@julien_level  @ScottWorld  guys! Thanks so much for chiming in! I come baring screenshots lol 

First one is just an overview of the scenario but the last two is how the "update record" module in make is actually mapped. It makes sense to me to start there becaus

e that's where the output should be landing, but its not.  

Looking at the Make RAW log of this scenario chat GPT is giving a text output - which shouldn't have any issues mapping to the airtable feild "internal notes" 

The fact that Chat GPT is giving me a text output and not an image output is an issue for me, but a different issue that I'll troubleshoot next. But as a text output - I don't see why it wouldn't update the current feild its mapped to. 

@ScottWorld lmk if you figure the podcast you linked is still relevant and I'll take a peek. 

Make Scenario_overall.pngMake Scenario_airtable output mapping pt1.pngMake Scenario_airtable output mapping pt2.png

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The scenario looks good!

If nothing is being sent to Airtable, then it’s possible that you’re not getting any output from ChatGPT.

You can click on the “Run Once” button in the lower left corner of Make, send a test record from Airtable to Make, and then you can look at all the inputs and outputs that are going in and out of each module.