Help

Automation emails not being received (log shows them as sent)

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
1067 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LukeStreeter
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have an automation set up and the test is sucessful, when its running I can see in the logs that emails are sent as expected but we are not receiving any of the emails.

I saw another post which referenced some bounced emails and AirTable blovking their domain as a result, this was removed and the problem was solved. Another said maybe account had not been verified, I can't see this as the issue from following the instructions too.

Checked Junk, Spam etc. but no luck, happening for me and all users who are shown as being sent emails on the logs.

Any help would be appreciated, as appears I can't speak to support, which is odd!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LukeStreeter

I have managed to resolve (in part) this issue - there are actually 2 solutions!

1) In Office 365 as part of the Defender settings, the emails were being blocked. As Admin, I went to the "Real-time detections" section and could see all the emails from AirTable were being blocked as possible Spam/Phishing, not showing in Junk in Outlook either, blocked from the user receiving at all.

I have reported it as clean to Microsoft which will automatically allow them to be received for 30 days, I assume after this point hopefully they are on the clean list and issue has gone forever.

2) In the automation, I was using AirTable native send email. Instead, if you pick the integration with Outlook of Gmail, it uses your Outlook to send the emails rather than AirTable email agent - thus bypassing the above issue altogether as the emails come from your own email domain, not from AirTable.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

All of the solutions reference locked tables, views and moving columns - I don't think I have any of this a fix for email automation not being sent?

So I have not exceeded Automations, checked in usage.

So if there is a bug or glitch, how does this get resolved?

LukeStreeter

I appreciate the ideas, when contacting support they just direct me to online content and this community, so support hasn't been helpful!

Thanks,

1. All correct, tests are successful.

2. Tests are successful and I can see in the logs that emails were sent.

3. No errors or warnings displayed

4. I have tried with various email addresses of users under our email domain. I can't add any external/personal emails on the plan we are on - it comes up with an error message when I do, so that also gives me confidence of the right emails entered not showing the error.

LukeStreeter

I have managed to resolve (in part) this issue - there are actually 2 solutions!

1) In Office 365 as part of the Defender settings, the emails were being blocked. As Admin, I went to the "Real-time detections" section and could see all the emails from AirTable were being blocked as possible Spam/Phishing, not showing in Junk in Outlook either, blocked from the user receiving at all.

I have reported it as clean to Microsoft which will automatically allow them to be received for 30 days, I assume after this point hopefully they are on the clean list and issue has gone forever.

2) In the automation, I was using AirTable native send email. Instead, if you pick the integration with Outlook of Gmail, it uses your Outlook to send the emails rather than AirTable email agent - thus bypassing the above issue altogether as the emails come from your own email domain, not from AirTable.