cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helenh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone, please help 😣

I have a table set up in a base that automatically updates (via typeform and MAKE) with job applicants name, email and scores on an MCQ that is delivered at a later stage of the application process. I have another table in the same base that lists all the applicants along with many other fields of interest, and I have created a field called 'MCQ score'.

I need to find a way to have the 'MCQ score' field (in the applicants table) automatically update every time a new entry appears in 'MCQ score' field in the second table.

Essentially, I need it to recognise the email address the applicants add to the MCQ questionnaire, match it up with the correct applicant (based on the matched email addresses) and then automatically enter the score into the 'MCQ score' field. This way I would have all the relevant info to hand in one place.

I cant seem to find a way to have it imported straight into the correct table via MAKE, so I need to do it on airtable.

Any ideas? Any help appreciated 😊

1 Reply 1
Valentino_Escal
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @helenh 

To answer this question "I need to find a way to have the 'MCQ score' field (in the applicants table) automatically update every time a new entry appears in 'MCQ score' field in the second table."

Answer: You can create a linked field in the second table (with the first table) then use an Airtable Automation.

The automation that can perform that action is as follows 👇

Trigger: When a record is created (in the second table)

Action: Update a record (update the linked record you created in the second table with the appropriate info you want to be linked to the first table).

Hope this helps 🤔