Help

Re: Automation not triggering automatically, but does works when I manually change the conditions

482 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some_Voices
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all

I have a table containing 10 ‘taster’ registers (URL links) - one for each week of the term.
I’m trying to make the correct week’s URL copy into the ‘taster register’ field, depending on which week we’re in.

I have two separate formula fields - one called ‘day of the week’ (Monday = 1, Tuesday = 2, etc), and a second called ‘current week’.
To update week 2’s register, for example, the automation is dependent on two criteria - that the day of the week = 7 (Sunday), and that the current week = 1. This way, at the end of week one, the week two register links will automically copy into the ‘taster register’ field.

It might make more sense to look at the base itself - its quite tricky describing it here.

Basically, it isn’t working. But, if I manually change the the formula to match the conditions, it does trigger on all the records.
What am I missing? Has anyone experienced something similar?

Here’s a link to a redacted version:
Register Example

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks
Curtis

1 Reply 1
Adam_Minich
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi Curtis,

Adam from Airtable here. I made a short video for that I hope helps explain what might be going on here:

Let me know if that helps~~