cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wwwh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, 

I'm trying to create a "create record" automation when a new record is added to table A (Seeds); a new linked record is created in table B (Web Archiving_QA). The input data in table A (Seeds) to create the new record is a website URL.

The automation is formatted: 

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 10.01.18 AM.png

After successful testing, and turning the automation on. When I input a new URL to create a new record in Table A (seeds), I only get a blank new record in Table B (Web Archiving_QA)

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 10.05.05 AM.png

 But if run the automation with the Test Step section > "Run as configured" I get the correct automation results, meaning the inputed URL in table A shows up as a new record in table B. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 10.07.38 AM.pngfrom in the automation view

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 10.07.14 AM.png
linked URL from table A shows up in the record in table B

I run into the same problem when I change the trigger to "When a record enters a view".
Why am I only getting the desired results via "Run as Configured"? 

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bruceconsulting
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

In the configuration section of your automation, you have "Website URL" entered in the "Choose record(s) to link to..." area.  You need to use the record ID of the record in your trigger:

bruceconsulting_0-1674848437328.png

If you have any further questions, feel free to schedule some time with me to discuss.  My Calendly link is: https://calendly.com/bruce_consulting/30min

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
bruceconsulting
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

In the configuration section of your automation, you have "Website URL" entered in the "Choose record(s) to link to..." area.  You need to use the record ID of the record in your trigger:

bruceconsulting_0-1674848437328.png

If you have any further questions, feel free to schedule some time with me to discuss.  My Calendly link is: https://calendly.com/bruce_consulting/30min

wwwh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you, that fixed it, much appreciated!