328 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexi_Mosnov
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I'm using a Repeatable Group with an Update Record inside to take a list of records from a Find Records action and update a field in the found records. When the list of records contains only one record the test runs successfully. When the list of records contains more than one record I get a received invalid input error. I think I know why this is happening.

If I look at the Input table after a test I see Record ID listed there followed by a single record id if only one record was found. If more than one record is found then I see Record ID followed by multiple record ids separated by commas. If this is what is being presented to the Update Record action of course this will cause an error. If I'm reading the documentation correctly the input from the Repeatable Group should be a separate Record ID followed by a single record id for each record found rather than a single Record ID followed by multiple record ids. Why is the Repeatable Group not presenting the Record IDs to the Update Record action one record id at a time from the list?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Check how you set up the update action. It sounds like you are pulling the record ID from the "Find Records" action instead of from the current value in the repeating group.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Check how you set up the update action. It sounds like you are pulling the record ID from the "Find Records" action instead of from the current value in the repeating group.

Thank you so much! My automation is working perfectly now. I guess I was confused by all the Record ID options. I've made the correct choice now. And that is after clicking the + to the right of Record ID in Update Record configuration, two boxes appear. In the left most box under Use Data From... -> Repeating Group Sources -> Current Item from List of Records. In the adjacent box on the right Choose Data -> Insert value from field -> Airtable Record ID. Makes complete sense now. Thanks!

I have this same issue, but your solution didn't fix it. 

I have a view that is set to show expired items. I have an automation set to find the records in that view, and then within a repeat for each loop, I want to update the records to remove the data from a couple of fields. 

The find records step finds three records successfully. The repeat for loop shows those three records as the input list. The update record step consistently updates only the first record. In the test automation section, I'm getting the "received invalid inputs" error when running the update records step. It's pointing at the correct table and the record ID is set to Current Item > Airtable Record ID (in the Insert Value from Field section). Not sure what else to try, but it's consistently finding the records and then only updating the first one. Is this a problem with the repeat of each configuration or the update records step?

I found a workaround that simplified things. I set the trigger to when a record matches conditions and put the update record logic in the actions section. That did what I needed with a lot less work. 🙂