Help

Re: Automation to Archive "Done" Records (Kanban)

2302 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sahib_Singh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am using a Kanban for my to do list (see screenshot). Throughout each day, I will move items to the “Done” column (status) as they are completed. I have also created an automation that adds a checkmark to the “Done” field of that record when its status is changed to “Done.” At the end of each day (e.g., midnight), I’d like to have an automation that changes all the records with a “Done” status to the “Archive” status as a way to refresh the “Done” column of my Kanban category for the next day’s tasks. What would this automation look like? So far, I’ve tried using the trigger “At a scheduled time” and the action “Find records” that have the condition “Done” as the status. When I try adding another “Update record” action, I get stuck.

Sorry if a post like this has already been created! Any help is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 11.11.12 AM

10 Replies 10

You are absolutely right & recommended approaches will differ, not only by the task at hand but also by the context - and that includes the capabilities of the “Airtable Admins” and the budget / ability to look for outside help for build and more importantly maintenance and continuing development…

Much of the advice I give is what I think would be valuable to the “citizen developer”, the “enthusiastic amateur” or maybe more accurately for those who want to avoid bespoke coding / scripting in their database so they can become self sufficient …

I run a lot on Airtable and don’t bump into automation limit issues (on pro plan with 12 users so roughly 2000 per day) yet - but you are right to highlight the pros and cons of each approach