181 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobbyNoCode
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, I am looking to build automation.
I have 2 tables: Task and Sub Task (both are linked). If a subtask is created under the task record, then the project selected on the task should be auto-populated in the subtask project field related to the specific task. 
Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

You shouldn't need an automation.  You can just create a lookup field for the project from the task table.

@BobbyNoCode wrote:

Hello, I am looking to build an automation.
I have 2 tables Task & Sub Task (Both are linked), if a sub task is created under the task record then the project selected on the task should be auto-populated on the sub task project field that's related the specific task. 
Thanks in advance!

BobbyNoCode
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@BillH : Just to clarify, I already have a project lookup field on the task table, if a project is selected under the task table and after that a sub task is created under the task then the project selected in the task should be auto populated on the sub task record. 

Can't you then add a lookup in the subtask table to the task table?  I generally try to keep my bases normalized so I avoid lookups unless they're absolutely necessary, but for tools (such as Documint) I've needed to pass lookups through several levels.

BobbyNoCode
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Buddy, I can add a lookup to the task table from the subtask table but in that scenario task needs to selected to be able to pull the project that's selected in the task. 
I want if Task is created with a project selected then sub task is created that project name should auto populate on subtask.

I guess I'm not understanding the question.  Good luck.