133 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2100
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I would like to create an automation that reminds me by email 1 month before a date from a formula field. Unfortunately I can't change the value of a formula field to dynamic or say the date is within 1 month like I can with a real date field. that doesn't work.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

The problem comes from the fact that your formulas "Datum in 1 Monat" and "Berechnung" are not considered as date type fields, meaning that you can not pass them to the "DATETIME_DIFF" function.

I guess that these two fields are obtained with a "DATETIME_FORMAT" function to get the format "MM.YYYY". If so, you could then use the original dates in the "DATETIME_DIFF" function.

Regards,

Pascal

See Solution in Thread

Hello,

The "DATETIME_DIFF" function is the one that you used in the formula for your field "erinnerung".

As I said in my previous answer, it can not work as you defined it because you must pass two date type fields to this function, reason why I suggest that you pass as parameters the two dates that you used to compute your fields "Berechnung" and "Datum in monat".

Regards,

Pascal

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Hello,

You may try something like that:

Pascal_Gallais_0-1726231743754.png

"Date 1" is a formula retruning a date

"Date one month before" is a formula to get the reminder date, one month before "Date 1":

DATEADD(Date1,-1,'month')

Reminder is a formula computing the number of days between today and the reminder date:
DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(),{Date one month before},'days')

You can then trigger your automation when Reminder equals 0

Regards,

Pascal

I wanted to display the number of months in the "Reminder" field (last column) but it doesn't work. I use the fields "Calculation" (1) and "Date in 1 month" (2) and the number of months in "Reminder" (3)

But it just doesn't work

Hello,

The problem comes from the fact that your formulas "Datum in 1 Monat" and "Berechnung" are not considered as date type fields, meaning that you can not pass them to the "DATETIME_DIFF" function.

I guess that these two fields are obtained with a "DATETIME_FORMAT" function to get the format "MM.YYYY". If so, you could then use the original dates in the "DATETIME_DIFF" function.

Regards,

Pascal

yes, that's exactly what is created with DATETIME_ FORMAT. what exactly do you mean by the DATETIME_DIFF where should I use that?

Hello,

The "DATETIME_DIFF" function is the one that you used in the formula for your field "erinnerung".

As I said in my previous answer, it can not work as you defined it because you must pass two date type fields to this function, reason why I suggest that you pass as parameters the two dates that you used to compute your fields "Berechnung" and "Datum in monat".

Regards,

Pascal