cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tamima
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I would appreciate if someone could help me.

In the attendees column, I can link multiple names in one record.

I want to create an automation that allows me to create a record in another table whenever a name is added in the attendees.

Tamima_0-1679250266449.pngTamima_1-1679250320217.png

I tried doing it using the automation in airtable: whenever a record is updated in the attendees a record is created in another table with the name of each person. But the problem is all the names are being shown in that table.

So, how can I create an automation where I can have the name of each person in one record.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah, you can use repeating groups for this

Try:
1. Create a new checkbox field in the "Meeting Schedule" table called "Create records" or something
2. Create an automation that will trigger when the checkbox from the previous step is ticked
3. Add a "Repeating Group" action, and use the contents of the linked field "Attendees" as a list
4. Add a "Create record" action inside the repeating group action to create one record in the "Meeting Progress" table per linked attendee

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

With reference to the screenshot of the 'Meeting Schedule' table that you provided, could you provide a screenshot of how you would want the 'Meeting Progress' table to look like?

Hello,

I have attached an image of the meeting schedule table that includes 3 attendees names, and the meeting progress table where I want to have each attendee in one record.

Tamima_0-1679485687363.png

Tamima_1-1679485713777.png

Ah, you can use repeating groups for this

Try:
1. Create a new checkbox field in the "Meeting Schedule" table called "Create records" or something
2. Create an automation that will trigger when the checkbox from the previous step is ticked
3. Add a "Repeating Group" action, and use the contents of the linked field "Attendees" as a list
4. Add a "Create record" action inside the repeating group action to create one record in the "Meeting Progress" table per linked attendee

Thank you so much, it worked!