1643 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WNC_ITCommittee
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am using Automations to send an email confirming a lunch reservation. My problem is that the resulting email double-spaces everything I send and it looks funny - especially in the salutation lines. What can I do to control the spacing?
SylvieScreenshot (13)_LI Screenshot (14)_LI

5 Replies 5
P_C
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m having the same issue here, have you resolved?

No. I have not heard from anyone and I have not figured out how to fix this.

Yeah, this is one of my big pet peeves, because it has affected many of my clients.

it’s super-annoying & not well-thought-out at all that the Airtable team has decided to make the “send email” automation action double space every line.

My Airtable consulting clients have been highly annoyed by this.

Welcome to the Wild West of using Airtable! :cowboy_hat_face: :racehorse: Where they roll out features but rarely go back to refine them. It often feels like there’s very little rhyme or reason to the decisions they make, and it definitely feels like they rarely take user feedback to heart.

However, I would recommend that everybody email support@airtable.com about this, and also add it as a feature request to the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions category.

Equally annoying is that Airtable brands every outgoing email with Airtable branding in 2 different places:

1. The “From” Line — even if you specify your own custom “From” name!!
    and
  2. The bottom of each email.

As far as I know. there are no workarounds for any of these issues, outside of switching to an external automation platform like Integromat (or the inferior Zapier), which then defeats the whole purpose of using Airtable’s email automations to begin with. And then it ends up costing my clients more money per month!

My guess is that you could probably also write a custom JavaScript for this as well, which could send custom emails through a SMTP server or an email API service like the SendGrid API. But most people wanted to avoid writing code when they started using Airtable.

Airtable also offers the SendGrid app, but it can’t be automated. Go figure, :man_shrugging:t2:

So yeah, big improvements are needed here by the Airtable team.

(Note that I am a professional Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code.)

Dario
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Place a <br> to separate lines with single spacing. That solves the problem.

WNC_ITCommittee
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Dario: IT WORKED with the Reservation Salutation field. I put the BR notation instead of line feeds and the info printed beautifully (mostly) in the email. It is not a very good solution however because I cannot use the field anywhere else so I will probably create a separate field specifically for AUTOMATION. It also worked within the body of the message. That really helps a lot.

THANK YOU…THANK YOU…THANK YOU…THANK YOU…THANK YOU…