2276 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelley_Shively
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

New user here, how do you set up an automation to move completed projects from a main view tab to a completed tab?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Audrey_Harrison
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey @Kelley_Shively, Audrey from Airtable here :wave:t2:

Since you haven’t heard from any of our community members, I’d be happy to jump in on this one.

My impression of your question is that we may want to take a step backwards and examine whether an automation is the right solution here. Check out this resource in our support center on tables vs views: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007520454-Combining-multiple-tables-into-one-table...

In general, we recommend keeping the same type of information consolidated within one single table. Airtable is a relational database, and its tables should be thought of differently than tabs on a spreadsheet. Records shouldn’t be categorized across tables or moved between them to indicate progression in status or reassignment. Whenever you have more than one table with the same field configuration, it’s a sign that you may want to rethink how you’re structuring your base.

Let me know if that helps point you in the right direction!

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Audrey_Harrison
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey @Kelley_Shively, Audrey from Airtable here :wave:t2:

Since you haven’t heard from any of our community members, I’d be happy to jump in on this one.

My impression of your question is that we may want to take a step backwards and examine whether an automation is the right solution here. Check out this resource in our support center on tables vs views: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007520454-Combining-multiple-tables-into-one-table...

In general, we recommend keeping the same type of information consolidated within one single table. Airtable is a relational database, and its tables should be thought of differently than tabs on a spreadsheet. Records shouldn’t be categorized across tables or moved between them to indicate progression in status or reassignment. Whenever you have more than one table with the same field configuration, it’s a sign that you may want to rethink how you’re structuring your base.

Let me know if that helps point you in the right direction!