cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natalie_stein
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I want to make an automation to send an email at a specific time. When I choose the trigger "at a scheduled time" and go to write the message of the email, I can write a message, but I cannot input any data from the base. When I click on the blue plus sign in the upper right corner, the only options are "actual trigger time," "expected trigger time," and "next trigger time" (pictured below). How can I pull data from the base, such as "dear [insert name]"?

Thank you.

natalie_stein_0-1701982603615.png

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @natalie_stein,

This article would be helpful.
If you want to trigger on a schedule, you need to specify the records in Find records.

How to Create Email Digests with Automations | Airtable Support

See Solution in Thread

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Oh sorry, I misunderstood.

To get the values from the fields of an individual record, use Repeating groups.
This page will help you.

Airtable automations: Repeating groups | Airtable Support

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @natalie_stein,

This article would be helpful.
If you want to trigger on a schedule, you need to specify the records in Find records.

How to Create Email Digests with Automations | Airtable Support

natalie_stein

Hi @Sho,

Thank you so much for sharing! That article was very helpful. With the Find Records step in there, I am able to pull from the data. Now my issue is that it only allows me to enter a list or grid from every record I'm drawing from, rather than from an individual record (e.g. a list of all their names rather than just the name of the person it's being sent to). Do you know what I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Natalie

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

It may be necessary to separate the Find records to get the destination from the Find records to get the information needed.
What kind of content do you want to send the email?

natalie_stein

@Sho Sorry, I'm not following what you mean. Right now, I have "find records" as the first action step.

I want to be able to insert information from the individual record rather than all the records. Example:

If the individual record has Jane Doe under a "full name" field, the email should start with:

Dear Jane Doe

as in, "Dear [link record, field: full name]." Right now, it is only allowing me to insert a list or grid of all the names in the database.

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Oh sorry, I misunderstood.

To get the values from the fields of an individual record, use Repeating groups.
This page will help you.

Airtable automations: Repeating groups | Airtable Support

natalie_stein

That did the trick! Thank you very much for your help.