596 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Gurny
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What are the capabilities for managing a new hire workflow? I want to create a 15-20 step new hire process (probably via Kanban View). Capture

But from there, I would like to know what automations are possible.
As the on-boarding process advances, am I able to send automated emails to the prospective employees?
Am I able to send automated emails to existing employees within my current organization who are involved in the HR process?
How is this accomplished?
Is the standard Airtable account sufficient or do I need a different plan?

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, @Peter_Gurny! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Maybe I’m biased, but I feel like Airtable would be a great candidate for a new hire workflow process.

Absolutely! Dragging a record between columns in a Kanban view changes the value of a single-select field, which could trigger an automation to send an email.

Same as with new hires. You could have completely different Kanban views (driven by different single-select fields) for new hires vs existing employees.

One of Airtable’s automation triggers is “When record matches conditions.” In this case, the condition would be setting the single-select field that drives a particular Kanban view to a specific value. Once that value is set, the automation fires and does what you want it to do.

There’s really only one account option for Airtable. However, certain features are tied to the workspace level that a given base is in. The “Free,” “Plus”, “Pro”, and “Enterprise” options that you’ve probably seen mentioned here and there are all workspace levels, not account levels. You can have multiple workspaces at different levels depending on your needs.

You could probably get a lot done with your base in a Free-plan workspace. However, you haven’t really outlined all of the features that you’re looking for, and it’s possible that some features are only available in higher workspace plans. I recommend spending some time to flesh out your wishlist of things that this base would do for you, then figure out what workspace plan makes all of that possible.

If you’d like to hire someone to work with you to build out your base, I recommend posting in the “Hire a Consultant” category.

Thank you, Justin. I appreciate the help. I posted in the “Hire a Consultant” category to get some further assistance. Thanks again