cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucas_Ravassall
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone;

I want to change a single select field when I change a single select field from another table. I tried to do it through automations but I keep having input mistakes. I will share some screenshots so you can help me

When the status from Table A is 'technical interview'

Lucas_Ravassall_0-1678288123668.png

Change status from Table B to 'technical interview'

Lucas_Ravassall_1-1678288191563.png

And this is the mistake 

Lucas_Ravassall_2-1678288240009.png

3 Replies 3
Autumn_Grassel
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I think the error you are receiving is because the record ID you reference in the Update Record step is for a record that is in Table A, not Table B. 

How are the records in Table A and Table B related? Are they linked to each other? Or do they duplicate some information without being linked?

When I change the status in table A, a record is created in Table B with a 'link to another record'

That is the only relationship between them

Okay great! If they are linked, then in the Update record step, you want to select Table B as the table, and the Record Id should be the link to Table B field coming from the record in table A that triggered the automation

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 3.01.16 PM.png

If you want to change the status in Table B *any time* a change is made in Table A, you could change the automation Trigger to be "When a record is updated", with the automation watching the status field in Table A, and configure the update record to dynamically update the status field.

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 3.05.31 PM.png