80 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcin
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi. I've bumped into an issue when I want to send an automated email based on a field containing an email address. I've got two fields, one lookup that shows me the email address based on a selection from Email-Committee List. Help articles suggest using this formula -->> 

CONCATENATE({Committee's email (from Email-Committee List 2)}, "") but when putting --Calculation-- field in the --to-- field in the automation it comes back with the message that "The "To" input is empty" and I don't know what I'm doing wrong there.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pascal_Gallais-
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Marcin,

Looking at your screen capture, It does not look obvious that the problem comes from the value passed for "send mail to".

I think you should try replacing the Gmail action with standard Airtable send mail action to check if the problem realy comes from this value.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
Pascal_Gallais-
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello Marcin,

Why do you use this calculation field? 

You could pass the lookup field value as the mail adress in the automation:

Pascal_Gallais_0-1719661823733.png

Is it because you may have more that one address in your lookup field? If so, you just need to separate addresses with a comma.

Regards,

Pascal

Hi Pascal. Thank you for taking time to help me with this. 
If I pass the lookup field value it is still resulting in the same error as when trying to do it via the formula(that's why I tried to formula solution).

Pascal_Gallais-
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Marcin,

Looking at your screen capture, It does not look obvious that the problem comes from the value passed for "send mail to".

I think you should try replacing the Gmail action with standard Airtable send mail action to check if the problem realy comes from this value.

Hmm, could you try re-testing your trigger step to make sure that your automation's using the latest data and testing it again?

If this issue is occuring when the automation runs this is a different story though.  It's difficult to troubleshoot that without seeing how you've set it up, so if you could provide a read-only invite link to a duplicated copy of your base with no data in it I could try to take a look at it for you

Marcin

@TheTimeSavingCo @Pascal_Gallais- Thank you both. I've set the automation to use  the airtable email and funnily enough but automations fired. The gmail one is still showing an error on the testing page but it works though.