Did you mean: 
Nicolas_RAUBER
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello all,

Thanks for reading :slightly_smiling_face:

I have a base with a table call « people »
People has a Name, a email, a status.
I am doing a automation that « whenever a status is change to ‘Send a Email’, Send a email with different status to update »

When the status is changed to ‘Send a email’ a mail is send to the person with the current email :

To : [Email]

Hello [Name],

How are you today ?

I am happy

I am ok

I am sad

I don’t know what should I do to update the different row, creating a page that use incoming webhooks from the email with the object id in get url parameter or talk to a Dev to do that using the API, or an other solution ?

Thanks again for reading and for the help

13 Replies 13

I’m sure that there are several different ways to do this, but I do everything with Make, so that’s how I would do it.

Make lets you create custom webhooks and custom webhook responses, so you can just create a formula in Airtable that combines the webhook URL that Make gives you along with the Airtable Record ID for the record.

So your Airtable formula could look something like this:

"https://us1.make.com/xxxxxxxxx/?RecordID=" & RECORD_ID()

Thanks a lot Scott.
I hoped to stay in Airtable, but I presume it’s time for me to give a try to make or n8n !
I will keep you posted :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, Airtable’s webhooks don’t support GET requests, so you’ll have to use another webhook tool.

Can’t achieve anything for now with n8n or Make. First time I use it.
But maybe make wants me to upgarde to the paid version to use personalized variable.

Nicolas_RAUBER

Just for the update, in make, I don’t unederstand why but my calls where stock in the queue.

You need to have Make determine the data structure for the webhook by sending test data to Make (after clicking on the “redetermine data structure” button in the webhook module).

After that, you will need to manually run the scenario once by clicking on the run button, and then send test data to Make again. This will enable you to configure other modules that you add to the scenario.

Then, be sure to turn on the scenario for future runs to happen automatically.

Thanks a lot @ScottWorld !
I finally got it

But if the user click on the page it obviously will not display a nice page but the respons from the weebhook.

Is it possible to customize that respons with HTML content ?

I have to try this : HTML Response example explained here https://www.make.com/en/help/tools/webhooks

Yes, you can give them any sort of a response that you want by using the custom webhook response module.

Im am trying to put a condition in the HTML Result without succes :

The result from the if should not be “Nice” if the Status is not happy :

I am missing something.

You just typed an equal sign, which is just text. If you want to use the equal sign to compare something, you have to choose the equal sign symbol that they give you as an option to choose from.

Also, do not use quotation marks around your text. That is not required, and will likely cause your formula to fail.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable & Make consultant to help you with your project, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

Thanks @ScottWorld !
I will try that.

I saw you had a beginner airtable cours on LinkedIn Learning. I feell more advenced but would like to become a lot better in airtable.
Do you have any intermediate course ?

Yes, coming in April 2023! It will be called “Airtable Essentials”.

This link to my current Airtable training course will redirect people to the new course in April: