Help

Re: Check a checkbox for 1 of two duplicate entries.

241 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deanbriteyouth
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a Jotform that populates an airTable base.  If someone submits an exact duplicate form, I created a vew that shows ONLY those submissions that have duplicates.  I have a checkbox in that view that when I click it, it hides that entry from that view, and (Importantly), it hides the other submission because the two submissions are no longer exact duplicates. This works great.  

What I am looking for is a way (automation) that will automatically click one of the two.

One slight complication is that there can be 3 identical submissions and I want the automation to click the checkbox on all but one of the submissions. That one unchecked will still disappear from the view because it is no longer a duplicate.

4 Replies 4
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

I assume you have a fixed number of fields that determine if the record is a duplicate.  You also need to decide do you want to hide the new record or the old one.

I've added this logic to a base I created earlier.

The automation logic is: 

1. When a record is created
  2. find records that match the fields original price and current price
  3. if 1 or more records is found, mark the new record checkbox

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 6.01.57 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-04 at 6.04.14 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-04 at 6.05.15 PM.png

If you decide to hide the older records use a repeating list.  both examples can be found in the sample base.

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 6.10.15 PM.png

Hmm, for the marking of the new record, should that be records length > 1 instead of > 0?  I was thinking the "Find Record" action will find the just submitted record as well, and so the minimum value is always 1? 

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

I added in where recordID doesn't equal the recordID of the newly created record to avoid this.

Ah yeap that makes sense!  Sorry, couldn't see that via the screenshots and the base link doesn't have automation access!