335 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew_h
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all -- I set up an automation to trigger a personalized email every time I click a checkbox in a table. I connected and reconnected my Google account, but am not receiving an email even though it says the test was successful.

The email I'm trying to send *from* is my work email, if that makes any difference (wondering if our Google admin might have a security setting that would prevent from automated sending, but not trigger an error when testing).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. airtable automation screenshot.png

3 Replies 3

I don't recall ever not receiving an email I was supposed to receive from the "Send Email" action (although, now that I think about it, that doesn't mean much since I wouldn't notice anyway, hmm)

Your screenshot appears to be from run history too, so that definitely should have sent too

Could you try the following tests to see what happens?
1. Send it to another email account
2. Connect another Gmail account and attempt sending from there

andrew_h
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I tried connecting with another account and that worked (yay!), and had our admin adjust some security settings to ensure emails weren't being quarantined or blocked, and that didn't work (boo!). Any other thoughts as to what might be happening?

Hmm, given that you're able to send from another email account whatever issue you have is definitely tied to that work email you're using.  Really sorry, I don't have any other ideas I'm afraid and so my only suggestion is to open a support ticket with Airtable directly to see whether they can help

I would also recommend opening another thread in the forums with this additional info that it works from another Gmail account!  Perhaps someone else has encountered this issue and will be able to help!