Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Conditional step triggers too early because of GMT

Solved
Jump to Solution
140 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jean_Thoensen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

My automation has a conditional step that runs if these conditions are met:

{Date Assigned GMT} is on or after 10/01/2024 AND
{Date Assigned GMT} is on or before 10/31/2024

I am located in the Eastern Time Zone. I am aware that automations do everything in GMT.

How can I prevent this step from running until it is really 10/01/2024 in Eastern Time?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

What if you used a formula field to figure out whether it's within the window you want and use the conditonal on that instead? 

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Perhaps you could try a "When record enters view" trigger instead?  It seems like the view filters respect timezones so that may work

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 10.30.10 AM.png

Thanks for your suggestion, but this is a problem with a conditional step within the automation itself, not the trigger. The trigger is driven by a non-date event. This conditional step, which sends an email, should only happen during certain times. That’s why we have a conditional group at the end of the automation—if we’re within a certain window, only then send an email.

What if you used a formula field to figure out whether it's within the window you want and use the conditonal on that instead? 

I think that would work better, @TheTimeSavingCo. Thank you for the suggestion.