1217 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcgeckle
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way to use Airtable sync to conditionally sync data from one base to another? I need to only sync specific records and not all of the records in table.

If it is not possible using Airtable sync, is there any other way of accomplishing this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alex_Wolfe
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Sync is based on records shown in the View it is setup with. So if you add Filters to a view based on the conditions you're looking to use, I believe that could solve what you're looking for here.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Alex_Wolfe
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Sync is based on records shown in the View it is setup with. So if you add Filters to a view based on the conditions you're looking to use, I believe that could solve what you're looking for here.

Thank you, that did somewhat solve my problem. I was able to sync data with a specific condition to a separate base now.

I should have mentioned I am trying to be able to do this for various different conditions on the same view. That solution does not fully accomplish this because I would have to manually adjust filters and re sync.

For example, I want to have a main base with multiple views that has data for various clients pertaining to the view. This would be synced to an admin site, where they can sign in and manage their data. But then when they edit data, I would like it to sync their data to their specific base, which will then be synced to their personal site.

After looking further into it (Sorry, very new to Airtable), I realized that within a table I can have the main combined view and then also have a separate view within that table for each specific client, filter those appropriately, and then sync those client views to their appropriate base.

Setting it up that way should do the trick.

Thank you for the help!

Alex_Wolfe
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Glad to hear that helped!!