561 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz_Holtzman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

New Airtable-r here. I am trying to build out a new base with a few tables within it. The goal is to create an automation where based on the update of status, a new record will be created in the respective table. I’ve set up the automation trigger as “when record enters a view” and created a filtered view for each status selection. The Action is set as “create record” and set to the appropriate table with fields selected. All the tests are running successfully, but the records aren’t populating in the tables. HELP! What am I doing wrong here?

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the Airtable community.

Automation triggers can be a little tricky. In order for a record to trigger an automation by entering a view, the record must not be in the view when the automation is first turned on. Then, the record must enter the view while the automation is turned on. Simply being in the view will not trigger the automation. It is the act of entering the view that triggers the automation.

Rachel_Thomas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
I’m fairly new still to airtable and trying to get an automation to work. It works when tested but not otherwise and in testing seems to mostly pull the same record. I’m assuming it’s related to where you say that the trigger is when the record enters the view. Does this refer to when I manually enter the record?
Thanks for any suggestions.