Help

Re: Creating record using the informations form one base when requirements are met to the another base?

Solved
Jump to Solution
977 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oguz_Senna
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, in my workplace we have 2 different bases. One of them is ‘duties’ and another one is ‘records’. We want to create record to the duties base if some conditions are met in records base. How can I achieve that I can not share pics because they are confidentials.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Are you talking about Airtable Sync? Yes, you can do a one-way sync from a view to another table, but you can’t yet edit data in the destination table. But if you just need to access the data in a read-only state (with the added ability of adding your own writable custom fields to each record), then you can use Airtable Sync.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Airtable’s automations do not currently work across bases, unless you write your own automation script (using JavaScript) to accomplish this.

Is there a reason that you need your data separated out across multiple bases?

You might be better served by keeping all of your records in one unified base, and using different “views” to look at different filtered lists of your records.

In my free Airtable training course, I discuss “views” at length, so you can learn more about using views in Airtable.

If you really do need to keep your data in 2 separate bases, then you would either need to write your own Javascript (as I mentioned above), use an API tool like datafetcher.com, or you would need to use a low-code/no-code external automation tool that can handle multiple bases, such as Make.com.

Thank you ScottWorld. They are using it this way since they established the firm. I will ask if it is possible to combine bases.

Oguz_Senna

I had the solution. If you share the records base with duties base, you can run the automation on duties base . If there is a change in records base it will automatically sync on the duties shared table and the automation works like a charm.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Are you talking about Airtable Sync? Yes, you can do a one-way sync from a view to another table, but you can’t yet edit data in the destination table. But if you just need to access the data in a read-only state (with the added ability of adding your own writable custom fields to each record), then you can use Airtable Sync.