Help

Re: Currency notation issue: when using Automation to send messages from Airtable to Slack

Solved
Jump to Solution
713 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_Ahn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am using Automation to send messages from Airtable to Slack.

However, for example, in Airtable, the value of “$10,000” in the Currency field is simply displayed as “10000” in the slack message (with no $ sign, no 1000 separator). What should I do?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, Airtable’s API always treats its currency fields like that, so you would need to somehow reformat your currency field as a text string that looks like currency.

One quick fix (although incomplete) would be to just type the $ sign before the field within your automation, which would show you the dollar sign — but that still wouldn’t show you the comma or decimal point.

A complete fix would be to create a formula field that returns the currency string you’re looking for as text. I believe that @kuovonne’s app “Ready-Made Formulas” should be able to help you create that formula:

Another complete fix would be to use an external automation tool like Zapier or Make.com, which would allow you to apply currency formatting to your number before sending the message to Slack.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, Airtable’s API always treats its currency fields like that, so you would need to somehow reformat your currency field as a text string that looks like currency.

One quick fix (although incomplete) would be to just type the $ sign before the field within your automation, which would show you the dollar sign — but that still wouldn’t show you the comma or decimal point.

A complete fix would be to create a formula field that returns the currency string you’re looking for as text. I believe that @kuovonne’s app “Ready-Made Formulas” should be able to help you create that formula:

Another complete fix would be to use an external automation tool like Zapier or Make.com, which would allow you to apply currency formatting to your number before sending the message to Slack.