768 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nedra_Hines
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello! I share my Airtable calendar view to my Google calendar so that I can see dates for different clients. A few days ago, I changed a date for a few projects and they're not reflecting on my Google calendar. I've refreshed and unselected the "Sync" button on my Google calendar app and it's still showing the old dates. 

Do you know why this is happening? The dates that are showing in Airtable, I need them to show on my Google calendar correctly.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, Google only refreshes external calendar feeds every 24-48 hours. Their support article on this topic states 24 hours, but I’ve seen it take much longer than that.

Unfortunately, you really only have 2 viable options here:

1. Use a more advanced calendar client, such as BusyCal for Mac, which refreshes external calendars as frequently as every 60 seconds or instantly on demand.

2. Send your Airtable events to a native Google calendar. You can do this using Make’s Google Calendar automations & integrations for Airtable.

If you’ve never used Make before, there is a learning curve, which is why I created this basic training thread to help: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-com-basic-navigation-tips/277

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, Google only refreshes external calendar feeds every 24-48 hours. Their support article on this topic states 24 hours, but I’ve seen it take much longer than that.

Unfortunately, you really only have 2 viable options here:

1. Use a more advanced calendar client, such as BusyCal for Mac, which refreshes external calendars as frequently as every 60 seconds or instantly on demand.

2. Send your Airtable events to a native Google calendar. You can do this using Make’s Google Calendar automations & integrations for Airtable.

If you’ve never used Make before, there is a learning curve, which is why I created this basic training thread to help: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-com-basic-navigation-tips/277

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

Hi Scott, I'm hesitant about using third-party applications. Is there a way to accomplish this without relying on external tools? Your insights would be valuable. Thank you!

What are you trying to accomplish?

I'm facing a similar issue as the original poster and I want to send the Airtable events to a native Google calendar like you suggested!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can do that with Airtable’s Google Calendar automations. They are pretty basic, though, so if they don’t meet all of your needs, then you would want to use Make’s Google Calendar automations.

Unito supports real-time syncing with Airtable.

Hi Scott, I appreciate your comprehensive response regarding the external calendar refresh intervals in Google Calendar and the alternative solutions you proposed for more frequent updates, such as utilizing advanced calendar clients and Make's automations.

Upon closer examination of our discussion, I observed that the native method, which you later referenced in another conversation, wasn't initially highlighted. I'm curious about the reasoning behind this omission, especially considering its relevance to the conversation. Notably, it's intriguing that a third option emerged after you initially mentioned there were "only 2 viable options." 🤔 Perhaps you could add the native method to your original message marked as a solution so that new readers can see it immediately?

Furthermore, I noted the inclusion of affiliate links in your messages. Additionally, I observed that the exclusion of the native method seems to direct users towards your affiliate links and courses. For transparency's sake, it might be beneficial to explicitly mention that you are using affiliate links that generate revenue for you. 

Your expertise and guidance have proven invaluable, and I am genuinely grateful for your continued engagement. Any further guidance you can provide on these aspects would not only contribute to our collective understanding but also underscore the transparency that characterizes the community.