cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some_Voices
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all

I’d like to add a default number of ‘1’ in ten columns on a linked base - so that whenever a new record comes through from the ‘master’ base, it automically fills those columns with the number ‘1’.

For some reason the default number option doesn’t work, and I can’t find any scripts that will work to be run as an automation to do this either.

It feels like a simple request so hoping there’s a simple solution and I’m just being stupid…

Thanks in advance,
Curtis

7 Replies 7
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I just tested the default value option in the number field. Works fine. You might want to bring in Airtable support because that should work for you.

How does a new record “come through” from the ‘master’ base? I’m unclear on what you mean. I assume you mean table. If you go into your linked table, where you have your number fields set to default to 1, and you add a new row then the default values don’t appear?

Thanks @augmented - and apologies I’ve only just seen this.

How does a new record “come through” from the ‘master’ base? I’m unclear on what you mean. I assume you mean table.
Correct - I mean table :slightly_smiling_face:
The master table has information (customer details) come in from Shopify (via Zapier), and then all data is sync’d to a different base.

If you go into your linked table, where you have your number fields set to default to 1, and you add a new row then the default values don’t appear?
Exactly that… The default field is an additional column in this base (not from sync), so I wonder if because the data is sync’d from another base, that that’s the reason it doesn’t auto-fill?

I’m experiencing the same. Have send an email to support.

Airtable support got back to me on this. Apparently, this is a bug that they will try to resolve.

_ 40x40 Maelyn (Airtable Support)

Aug 11, 2021, 12:11 PM MDT

Hey Jan,

Thank you so much for your patience.

The engineering team is currently working on a fix for this behavior. Unfortunately, at this time, they do not have a timeline available on when this will be resolved.

I experimented with this a bit and it looks like default numbers added to the original (source) base will be carried over to the sync if you need a workaround in the meantime.

Again, so sorry for the trouble this causes, please let me know if you have any further questions!

Update: this issue is still on the roadmap, but without any view on a date.

Green_Fox_Acade
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is still an issue. When I add a new Number column to a linked table there is no "default" option (only "Format")

daverad
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Here to "plus 1" this issue. I'm still experiencing it.