436 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brittany_Schuur
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have set up an automation to email myself and my coworker when a new marketing task is submitted through our airtable.

Currently I have it set up with me in the to address field, and my coworker in the CC field. When the automation runs, it sends me a duplicate email, and my email is copied into the CC line. I initially had both of us in the To line, but then it would copy both emails to the CC line and we would both get a duplicate email.

I've reset the triggers and retested multiple times, and I cannot find a fix for it.

6 Replies 6

Yeah, I think you're like the third person I've seen talking about this; might want to open a support ticket directly with Airtable!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, tragically, there are currently several different critical bugs with Airtable’s email automations. This is affecting me personally, and it is also affecting most of my Airtable consulting clients as well.

Be sure to report this major bug by sending an email to support@airtable.com.

In the meantime, until Airtable fixes these bugs, you have some options to workaround this:

1. Use Airtable’s Send Gmail action.
2. Use Airtable’s Send Outlook Email action.
3. Use any of Make’s email automations for Airtable, which includes Gmail, Microsoft 365 email (Outlook), the generic email (IMAP) option, and many more.

Check out this thread on how to trigger a Make automation instantly from Airtable.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Jenny_Levine
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm emailing support, but I'm adding a note that this is happening to me, too. Unfortunately, I can't connect Gmail or Outlook, so I'm stuck sending our members duplicate messages until this is resolved, but I wanted to amplify that it's a real bug

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah, this is a major problem that is happening with all of my Airtable consulting clients as well.

Do you have a different IMAP email service that you can connect to (besides Gmail or Outlook)? If so, you can use Make's generic email automations.

Jenny_Levine
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

In case others experiencing the issue find this thread, here's the reply I received from Airtable support: "It seems to be happening for other users as well, unfortunately. We have raised this issue internally and hopefully, a fix will be in order soon."

They recently had an update with their To and CC fields to align with Google and yahoos Rules for To and CC.

They have no other information yet.