Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Email automation not picking up field after field name change

Topic Labels: Automations
108 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi, i created an automation to send out confirmation emails after the submission of a form. it worked successfully until i changed the name of a field. now, when the automation is triggered and the email is sent, that particular field is missing from the email text (it just shows a blank where the field value should be). i tried to edit the automation to specify that field again, but the set-up only shows the field with its former name and does not show the updated field name. i have tried deleting it from the automation and re-adding it, but the result is the same: no field value in the output. how can i fix this?

1 Reply 1

Hi @Eco-Just_Food_Networ ,

Welcome to Airtable Community !

The reason you see the field with its old name is because you did not test the automation from the start again. Meaning, you need to choose a record to Trigger / Test again, this will bring the new field name. IF the field is coming from another step, you need to test all the steps from the start (generating a preview doesn’t change the table data so no need to worry).

If this helps, please mark it as a solution