cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eranggg
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey,

I have an automation that when the status changes to "done" an email is sent to the customer.

Is it possible to send an email to the customer from the email of the user who changed the status?

For example, if I change the status to "done" then an email will be sent to the customer from me, but if someone else from the company changes the status then an email will be sent to the customer from him.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brian_Sweeny
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there! I believe what you need is a conditional automation.

1. Create a 'Last modified by' field, select the specific field option, and select the Status field 

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 10.39.11 AM.png

2. Create a conditional automation with a different condition for each user. All of the users will have to have either gmail or outlook accounts. 

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 10.42.56 AM.png

If you need more help, feel free to schedule a session with me!

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Yeap, use conditional logic to determine which user it is and then set up each conditional group's send email action to come from the appropriate email account

https://support.airtable.com/docs/conditional-groups-of-automation-actions

Brian_Sweeny
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there! I believe what you need is a conditional automation.

1. Create a 'Last modified by' field, select the specific field option, and select the Status field 

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 10.39.11 AM.png

2. Create a conditional automation with a different condition for each user. All of the users will have to have either gmail or outlook accounts. 

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 10.42.56 AM.png

If you need more help, feel free to schedule a session with me!

WOW thank you very much!

instead of building every conditional group for each user is it possible to make it dynamic?

Brian_Sweeny
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I don't think there is a way to do that, since the send addresses need to be verfied / logged in to via Airtable etc.