Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Email automation

619 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eranggg
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I have table of properties, faults and professionals.

When I have a fault, I create a new record in the faults table and select the property where the fault occurred and the professional who worked on the fault.

If the problem has been solved, I change the status to "Done" and send an email (with the help of automation) with a request for payment (that the customer will transfer payment to the professional) for the work.

I want that when I buy the materials to deal with the problem, I have the option to add it to the email sent to the customer.

For example - if an apartment had to be painted and there was no paint, I went to buy the paint, now when I mark this task as "done" I would like the customer to receive an email with a payment request for the painting work (payment to the professional) and also for the paint (payment for the supplier) when sending a request for payment I send the customer the private bank details of the professional/supplier 

But if I didn't buy materials from the suppliers (I didnt buy the paint because the professional had paint) then I would like to send a request for payment only for the professional.

How can I do this?

3 Replies 3

What issues did you face using an automation with conditional logic for this?  https://support.airtable.com/docs/conditional-groups-of-automation-actions

I know I can do it with conditional logic.

But how you suggest I will do it?

If I create table for suppliers and then connect it to the faults table its a problem, because I want my employee to add faults from the faults interface form.

So I think to add the suppliers to my professionals table, do you think its good idea?

Then my employee beed to fill 2 forms (create 2 records in faults table).

Or is it possible to do it with 1 form?

Sachin_191
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey Eranggg

Let's streamline your Airtable automation so you can seamlessly handle payment requests for both professionals and suppliers based on your needs.

• Set up conditional logic in your Airtable automation to check if materials were purchased.
  • Customize the email template to include supplier details only if applicable.
  • Ensure the email format remains clear and professional whether or not materials are included.

Here's how we'll make it work:

• Add a checkbox field in your faults table to indicate if materials were purchased.
  • Update the email automation to check this field before adding supplier details to the payment request.
  • Design the email content dynamically to show relevant information based on the checkbox status.