cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Etheringt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,

This is my first time posting, hope the formatting of this is okay.

I’m trying to create an automation where when a cell is filled in with a link to an action plan, an email with that action plan is sent to a contractor, whose contact information is connected by a look up field to another table.

The layout I currently have in Table 1:

• A1 is the Link to Contractor Record in Table 2.
  • B1 is the Trigger cell, in this Case a cell containing a URL to the action plan.

The goal is that when cell B1 is filled in, the contractor in A1 is notified. The contractor’s information is already inputted way ahead of time, the only information needed is the URL that is entered into 1B.

The contractor is not a collaborator, which I saw could be problematic on the plus plan, but I have the Pro plan so I should be able to send outside emails. I tested this by setting up an automation purely within that other table and it worked fine.

I tried bringing in an additional lookup field, a C1 that would have the contractor’s email. I can visually see it’s a perfectly formatted email address but the automation still doesn’t recognise it as an email.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I saw that it was similar to the problem experienced here:

However, I’m not emailing collaborators and the trigger isn’t the creation of a record, just an individual cell being filled in.

My apologies if I’m just being obtuse, but for the life of me I’m stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Have you tried converting the lookup field to a rollup field?

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Have you tried converting the lookup field to a rollup field?

A rollup field did indeed work! I’m not entirely sure how it works, but the value now comes up and is read by the automation, so good enough for me. Thank you very much!