cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiolan
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello!
We have a grouped view with totals, and want to get theese totals on our email every day.

Is there a way?

5 Replies 5

Hi @tiolan
I think you would need to create a formula that gives you the results and add that to your email.

Our users creates new groups, so the list of totals is dinamic.
If I would create a formula, it must be edited every week, and it takes more time than manual report :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah, if the groups are dynamic you’ll need an automation with a script then, which means you’ll need a Pro plan

Unfortunately, those summary values are unusable anywhere else in Airtable. They are for visual cosmetic purposes only.

If you linked all of your records to another table, you could use rollup fields in that other table to grab usable summary numbers. But with 3 levels of grouping, you would need to create 3 links for every record.

Otherwise, you can only accomplish this with JavaScripting or by using an external automation tool like Make.com that offers aggregation summary tools. Make is pretty difficult to learn, though.

tiolan

We have a Pro plan. It’s time to learn JC I guess :slightly_smiling_face:

Linkig manually - is not the solution, it needs more time than making manual report.

In the end, I added several pivot table apps and making screenshots.