cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Holt
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey guys -

Need your help with an automation that I’m stumped on (or maybe it’s not solved by an automation).

Ultimately I’m trying to get an attachment to be sent via email when a record status is updated to a completed status. The attachment to be sent will be different depending on 2 separate criteria in that row. The attachments available will be the exact same every time depending on the criteria they match and exist in a separate table within the base.

How the heck do I get those pulled into the record so that they can be sent when the record status moves to complete?

1 Reply 1

Hey Alex, I think you’ll need to add a Find Record step to look for the record that has the specific attachment you want, and then add the attachment from that record

And so the idea would be:

1. Trigger
  2. Conditional action 1 based off of those 2 criteria you mentioned
  • Look for the record that has the attachments to be sent for these 2 criteria
  • Send email
  1. Conditional action 2 based off of those 2 criteria you mentioned
  • Look for the record that has the attachments to be sent for these 2 criteria
  • Send email

I’ve set something up for you here

The bit about adding the attachments always confuses me, so here’s a screenshot of the relevant part of the docs
Screenshot 2022-06-05 at 12.08.20 PM