Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Help with Automation in Airtable for Synchronizing Account Names

42 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leon
1 - Visitor
1 - Visitor

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working on an Airtable project where I manage two tables: one for accounts and another for account status. I'm trying to set up an automation that allows the names of the accounts to be automatically transferred to the status table whenever a new account is added. Here are the steps I’ve taken so far:

1. Created Two Tables: One for the accounts and one for the account status.
  2. Set Up Automation: I’ve created an automation that triggers when a new record is created in the first table.

The goal: AUTOMATICALLY transfer the account names from the first table to the first column of the second table as soon as a new account is created.

Unfortunately, the automation isn’t working as expected, and I’m only seeing a "B" in the status table instead of the correct account names or nothing happens at all. I'm unsure if it's due to the settings or if I've overlooked something.

I would greatly appreciate any tips or advice on how to resolve this issue. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 Reply 1
Sachin_191
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey @Leon 

It sounds like you’ve got the right approach, but the issue might be with the way the automation is set to transfer data. 

1.  Ensure that your trigger in the automation is set to "When a record is created" in the accounts table. You’ve got this part right already!

2.  Instead of using an "Update Record" action, try using an "Add Record" action in the second table (Account Status). When setting up the action, ensure you’re mapping the correct field (the account name) from the accounts table to the relevant field in the account status table.

3.  Check that you’re pulling the account name from the right field in the accounts table. It sounds like it’s defaulting to a single character ("B"), which could be due to improper field selection or a mismatch in field types (text vs. single select).

4. Test your automation step-by-step to ensure that the data is transferred correctly. If the automation logs are showing any errors, those can give you clues about where the issue lies.