Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Populate multiple select lookup based on matching fields between two tables

Topic Labels: Automations
45 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Courtenay_Ricke
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have two tables with matching fields. (week ending dates) I want new records created in Table A populate in the multiple select lookup field in table B if the weekending dates match. How do I do - I fear the AI has sent me on a whild script chase.

4 Replies 4
ellen598
1 - Visitor
1 - Visitor

@Courtenay_Ricke wrote:

I have two tables with matching fields. (week ending dates) I want new records created in Table A populate in the multiple select lookup field in table B if the weekending dates match. How do I do - I fear the AI has sent me on a whild script chase.

Hello,
To achieve this, you can use a combination of VLOOKUP or INDEX MATCH formulas in Excel. Here's a simplified approach:

VLOOKUP: Use VLOOKUP to match the week ending dates in both tables and pull the required data from Table A to Table B.

INDEX MATCH: This is a more flexible method that allows you to look up values based on multiple criteria.

Best Regards,
Ellen Hogan

Sorry, I'm not using excel, I'm using airtable. am I missing something?

Hmm, could you provide some screenshots of Table A and Table B with the relevant fields, with some example data and example output?  Would love to help but don't have enough information!