955 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cbathel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

In advance, thanks for this help. I work at a small company, and I'm a marketer by trade, so please be kind 😛

Anyways:
I have a base that's for an artist on our team. It currently has three sheets

Project
Asset Type
Individual Asset

And are nested together (Project is the main umbrella of any, well, project. Asset Type is [product] Screenshots, [product] videos, etc which serve as the organizational packets of deliverables, and then individual delivered assets live under that). We have very strict content approvals, so I need to get very granular with approval and content revision chains, down to the individual asset.

Currently, it's working, but it's a bear with manual data entry when a new record is created. I have two (and a half) goals I'm trying to accomplish:

1) If the artist were to open up a Project, and then select "Add Asset Type" (from a linked records to the other sheet), upon clicking this, I'd like to have it auto-pop the records that would nest down well: Due date, what Project it's part of, teams that would have visibility, etc. How would I do this and would it be possible to limit this functionality to creating the Add Asset Type button? Initial searching didn't yield solid responses, but I could be looking for the wrong terms

1.5) Repeat these same steps when the artist does the same with "Individual Asset". I want to streamline the whole process so the artist can spend their time on art, and so I can keep content approvals documented. There's other fields for the artist to select that should not be automated, eg if an asset has an exclusive reservation for press use, and I want to make sure they think about selecting that, not going "Goddamnit I have to select the same due date for the 30th time this morning"

2) Since each "Asset Type" could have up to 10 or 20 assets, I expect the final "Individual Assets" sheet will become a giant data explosion of entries. For this, it's a bit of an open ended question: Anyone manage a data structure like this before, and were there any smart/functional ways to manage what's effectively a "data dump bucket" other than having it all dump into one place and then filtered views to make looking at things easier? Or is that the best way?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, for question 1 and 1.5, would record templates help do you think?

I don't really have an answer for question 2, so hopefully someone with more experience can chime in!

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, for question 1 and 1.5, would record templates help do you think?

I don't really have an answer for question 2, so hopefully someone with more experience can chime in!

Thanks! I'll give the record templates a try. At a glance it looks exactly like the functionality I need. Thanks!